Saturday, August 30, 2008

Faux Camping....

Casa d la Yard or as I would say... Camping out back!
A REAL FIRE PIT This is the original "fire pit"creation Papa created long before they were a backyard staple and commercialized and allowed to burn in the city limits. Ours is industrial strength and quite a conversation piece. Grammy and Papa even had a visit from the Fire Dept back about 10 years ago and they told them they it was illegal unless it was used for cooking. We always had/have marshmellows on hand since then. Too bad Dad missed out on a patent. We love it..you can see it's had a repair but it still burns hot and is built to last a lifetime : ).
That's right... I said Faux as in fake. You may be asking yourself how does one fake camp? Well ya pitch your tent in your own backyard and go to it :). That said, Erik and I haven't taken Bryce camping before and let's just say it was a good to be home. He enjoyed himself and we had fun as well and now he's had a little camping experience.
Bryce slept like a little lamb, Mommy and Daddy didn't do so well. I personally was awake until 3:00 a.m. after 3 potty breaks and forcing myself to stay in the tent so we could all wake up together in the morning... I crumbled. Yep I can't believe it myself, I left the boys to their outdoor adventure and gave in to the call of luxury. I am sure it was partially psychological knowing that my own dear, sweet, cozy bed was yards awa. But it may have been the not so distant freeway noises and paranoia that we had the backdoor unlocked...eeee gads I'm getting old and where oh where is my faith? Oh well it was a good time, complete with BBQ, smores, a real fire and a beautiful evening for being outdoors. Here are a few pics. Hope everyone is enjoying a safe and relaxing 3 day weekend. We luv you all!!!

1 comment:

jennbecc said...

We had our tent in the back yard for the boys to play in but then a bird flew into it and died so no more tent. I'm glad your faux camping went better than the birds did. *L*