Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wings over Wine.. Airshow

We are blessed to live in a beautiful county, with plenty to do. This past Saturday we took off to Windsor for the Annual Wings over Wine Airshow-it's a very fun time w/lots of planes, people and fresh air :) The weather is usually smokin hot (esp since you are sitting/walking on asphalt..whew) so we were prepared for the midmorning-afternoon heat. It was a typical foggy, moist Sonoma County morning as we headed out at 8:30 and we were hoping for the coolness to last thru the day and would you beleive it?....it DID!! It was a glorious, gorgeous, dare I say brisk day. We cruised thru the loads of planes and found a place to camp out for the afternoon (see the CG Albatross pics we were under the wing). It was actualy chilly until about 2:00 and by chilly I mean goosebumps which is rare, very rare for Airshow Day- it's typically in the low 90's so we were excited but unprepared for the chill. We would just get out from under the wing and warm up and then back to the cool :) .
Mr.Bryce was what I like to call saucy~ he was up late Friday night and was up early Saturday so we were certain he would nap on the way to Windsor and be good for the day. Yeah.. NO! He just was tired and overstimulated by all the planes, people and excitement. He finally gave up the battle around 2:00 (see the peep picture) and slept for about 1/2 hr. Which we welcomed :)
There was a team of 4 lady sky jumpers- The Misty Blues- they started the show with a nice jump and ascending w/the American Flag while the nation anthem played...very cool.

See I Can't hear...knock knock...can't hear you :)

No Daddy I can't hear you... I know I look cool in my ear muffins (as he calls them)

This was way cool the~ F18 Hornet went whooshing... no blasting bye!! Awesome- I love the burn I love the thunderous roar, rattle, shake numerous times. That's about when Bryce woke up and luckily we had put his earmuffs on whilest he was sleeping cause...it was LOUD and COOL!!

1 comment:

jennbecc said...

Ok...so THIS was the reason I kept hearing BOOMS that rattled my windows and shook my house all weekend! Sheesh....those planes are lucky they didn't wake up my kids during nap time or I'd have shown up to give them a piece of my mind! *L* Glad you guys had fun! :)