Thursday, October 23, 2008

Current Stats

Being a preemie Bryce has followup care periodically to test his motor skills and development, he has always done very, very well and today was no exception!
He is so blessed, he has absolutely no signs of prematurity and is doing so well they will not see him again until he is about to start school- 4 1/2 ish. WOW..that is just wonderful. God has been good to us when you know all the challenges that preemies can face and he has had none it is nothing short of a miracle.
He is a little smarty and gave the pyschologist a run for her money today. At one point he became very disinterested in her little tests/games and starting fidgiting- she asked him if he was bored and with a huge grin and he said uh huh. I busted up because you could see it coming the tests were just repititious and he was done. Can't say I blame him.
His current weight fully clothed is 34 1/2 lbs and he is 38 1/2" tall- where did my little 2.lb 5 oz 14 inch baby go????????? It's getting soooooooooo hard to have him be big. It is just bitter, bittersweet. Love that lil fella.
His newest thing he is saying is sure. Sure I can, sure I would, shore I will. etc. It is sooooooooo stinkin cute. And his little voice is just as sweet as ever. It is a blessing to be with him at appts like today as he is one of the few normal kids in the followup program. Many of the others have slight to severe delays etc. You can just see the delight when they interact with him, besides being so cute and smart...hahaha he is just a normal little boy and aren't all kids just the best :)
They commented on how well he talks and when I see his pediatrician I will get more details of the testing results. That's it for now.

3 comments:

jennbecc said...

What great news Krista and yes...what a blessing! I'm so happy that your little cheeky boy is so normal...well as normal as he could be having you as a mommy. :) HEEHEE Love ya Girlie!! But seriously, I'm so happy for you and Eric.

Anonymous said...

God knew this day would come when your little Bryce would get such raving reviews!!!! It's no surprise to Him. But for us Oh glory, glory, glory and a Hug to thank you and Erik for being faithful parents and trusting Him for your little Bryce.

Wish I'd have been there to see him being tested, what a hoot. I must say, just hearing the good news is what really matters!

A Big thank you to Nana, Papa and Grandma for their input and precious prayers.

I love you all and am looking for cheap air fare. Chase Bryce around a bit and tell him, "Gammy's guna get you". Dad sends a BIG HUG....

Anonymous said...

You must be very busy! Otherwise your blog would be updated with news of the BOYS activities the last couple of weeks.
You mentioned you had computer problems. Are they still causing you headaches?
Kay and I went hunting for pinecones. Dad, Wayne (Kay's spouse), Kay and myself drove over to RoundUp, Montana to hunt for pine cones. Had A GREAT DAY. Will send you pictures of our exciting trip. Anyway, I want to make a pine cone wreath for Bryce and you to complete. I'll send goodies to glue on so the two of you can complete it. There will be fuzzy peacock feathers and a couple of large turkey feathers Bryce can cut up and glue on the wreath. Wish I could do it with him, but maybe later.
Grammy sends her love. Papa says, "Where's the saumi Bryce?"