Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bathtime at the Billings...well sorta'

We have another milestone...hmmm, don't know how I really feel about it but it has happened! Daddy and Bryce worked outside today so they were grimey and gamey. I had been doing laundry so Erik checked w/me to see if I was done so he would have some hot water. He got in to the shower and Bryce was looking for him, when I told him where daddy was he said I shower too. Sooo... I took Bryce into the bathroom stripped him down and waited for the meltdown to start. He did it, he took a shower w/Daddy, up until today he has been afraid of the shower. Loves water, etc. but didn't want to get in the shower. I was surprisesd when I asked him if he wanted to get in the shower w/daddy that he was so zealous...yeah, I thought, he'll get in there and then freak out and I'll have to get him all wet and in a tither!! But to my shock and dismay..he stayed in for a while and actually really liked it.
With all the lovely weather we are having Erik is doing a lot of demo work in the back yard and working and prepping the front yard too so he is busy with Bryce in tow. Cutting the fig roots out from the old hot tub area...what a job, and apparently a burial ground for a few misc. possums...NICE! I was helping keep Bryce in the "designated areas" which is a job in itself, doing some laundry and playing w/Bryce too and now the day has come to an end and my boys are watching 101 Dalmations and unwinding for the evening while I do my update. I am so addicted to taking pictures and posting we may need an intervention....lol. Ok well enjoy the pics, hope all is well with our loved ones and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Mr. Smarty Pants.. I'm stuck in the hole. help me, I stuck in the hole! First Shower!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I hear it in your notation of the boys new adventure with a SHOWER. He's growing up mommie, and it only gets better. When he reaches 3, you'll want to freeze time and hold those days in your hands.
This time I got your Dad upstairs to look at the pictures and read your blurb. He chuckled and was content to go over them a couple of times with me. We shared some precious moments focused on our newest grandson. Thank you mommie for giving us such a wonderful gift. Please don't send a Mother's Day card as I get such joy from your blog that I don't need to be reminded that you love me on Mother's Day.
Please take care of yourself, you're the only mommie Bryce has and we want you with him for many years to come.
Give Erik a hug and tell him, "The rose bush looks fantastic!Whatever he's doing to it....keep it up."
Bless you two for loving each other and being God's gift to your little guy.
Dad and I sure miss you guys. Love and hugs to you all. Love Mom and Dad
P.S. Play a little baking game with the boy for Grammy out in his house.