Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Mommy & Bryce 5.11.08
Mother's Day ~
Because I too am now a mother,
It's meaning deepens to me as days go by. It first changed as I shared w/dear friends & family the loss of a mother, and it changed when I got married, it changed as I longed and waited for our prayers for a child, and it was a deep pain each mother's day that passed and our longing went unfulfilled. It changed when I found out I was going to be a mother and again when I became a mother. It changed when I realized...I will always be a mother and it changed when I realized how very loved by God I am to have been blessed with my son. It changes when I hear my mother leave a sweet message on our phone for our son and it changes when I reflect on the kind of mother I am becoming and how my own mother still impacts my life and how I want to be that kind of mother. It changes when I see the bond Bryce has with Grandma, Nana, Papa, Grandpa and his Great Grandparents. I am glad it changes.
I am saddened for so many who will today spend a day without their "mommy, mom, mama". For some this will be their first and for others it will be like their first and some Mom's will not be with their children today due to tragic circumstances. Some are ill and some are lost and caught up in the "world". Some have allowed hatred and unwillingness to forgive become deeply rooted in their hearts they live for themselves, victims of the world. The impact our mother's have on us is meant to last a lifetime. So whether they are with us for a short time or a long time we have the memories and can reflect and recall their touch, smile, laughter, words, etc.
Me... I was blessed with a wonderful God fearing mother who did her very best to raise us with plenty of love and a lot of life instruction...as per the bible... lol. Mom taught us how to have fun on a shoestring, to embrace challenges, to be loving, kind and tender hearted. At times we had our moments but I would not trade her for all the mothers in the world. She is the mother the Lord chose for me! She is the one who is always making sure we are covered in prayer. She is the one who stood with me at my son's incubator and interceded for us that the Lord would strengthen us and uphold us. She is the one who sought the Lord for his promises when I was too weak, tired and emotionally drained to do it for myself. Those promises and scripture have all been fulfilled and as always ALL Gods promises are true! Mom is the one who knew no words needed to be spoken all those long days in the N.I.C.U. just prayers and nurturing my spirit as only a mom can do. Mom is the one who knows what it is to love a child beyond all comprehension. Mom is the one who can tell you what you don't really want to hear but need to... because she loves you. Mom always puts your needs first. What a wonderful example for me as I was to embark on my own mothering journey.
My mother in-law, all though much like a mother to me too, I do not have the history w/her that Erik does. I only know by the Man that he has become that his mother surely posses the very same strengths and spiritual gifts as my mom. He is a wonderful man because of her influence, love and support. I am blessed to watch her every Monday with her grandson and know that the love I see her display is a wonderful gift she has given her children and now her grandson.
Both of our mom's are leaving a wonderful living legacy of Christ and his love imprinted on our hearts and in our lives.
Let us be thankful for all the Lord has blessed us with this day and live in this day. Let the joy of our Lord and Savior fill you to overflowing and may his face shine upon you and may he meet your every emotional need today! Rest in him and give him praise for picking your mom esp. for you! I thank my God at the remembrance of you! :)
Happy Happy Mother's Day!!!

As much as I am not ready to let go of his cradle... doesn't appear he's ready either! These were pics I took yesterday, he insisted he sleep in it...tooo cute and a mom moment I won't soon forget.

And a little lunch after his mid day nap..he was a hungry lil man.. so he had a picinic outback on "his" swing.. lol

No comments: